Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cerebral combustion

 
This is a photo of the car-free medieval city of Ghent in the fatherland of my favourite modern composer, Jacques Brel, and where I hope to be strolling along the canals in late autumn (November)for the Creativity World Forum.

To predict that I might explode from creative combustion is an understatement, because Ghent will be preceeded by a week of visiting technology geniusses in Silicon Valley, then on to the Ivy League Business Schools of Boston for a Post-Grad programme for Innovation Leaders from corporations all around the world. I am pinching myself as I am writing this because to visit Boston and its history of New World academic success has been an impossible dream - especially in those Zululand years that seem a millenium ago, though those were some of the toughest challenges an executive could ever face and we practised Innovation on the trot!

But as the saying goes: How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice man, practice! So it is with all dreams...keep at them! NEVER GIVE UP!

I will have a free weekend to take a drive down the America's Cup East Coast, Martha's Vineyard, perhaps enjoy a famous Cape Cod Clambake, then pop in to New York before flying to London where I will hook up with a friend from Sydney now working in Innovation there, then cross the channel to Ghent.

I'll be flying home via Hong Kong to deliver a presentation to the Masters students at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. I think I will have enough cribnotes from the gurus by then to appear half-knowledgeable! For if there is one thing I know, the more you learn, the more you realise how much there is to know, and teaching others is a true test of mastery of any subject matter!

Any volunteers to babysit Cub2 for me while I'm away? Posted by Picasa Posted by Picasa

No comments: